10 Scum Facts (Liverpool)

Can't be geeks all of the time

10 Scum Facts (Liverpool)

Postby nS on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:17 pm

1 If the Premier League had started on New Year's Day, Liverpool, with eight points from 12 games, would be 19th in the table, with only Wolverhampton Wanderers below

Top six

1 Man Utd 28pts

2 Man City 26pts

3 Newcastle 23pts

4 Sunderland 23pts

5 Arsenal 22pts

6 Everton 22pts

Bottom six

15 Wigan 13pts

16 Stoke 12pts

17 QPR 11pts

18 Aston Villa 10pts

19 Liverpool 8pts

20 Wolves 5pts

2 Liverpool are 16 points off fourth place and entry into next season's Champions League qualifiers, their stated aim at the start of this campaign. They are closer to the relegation zone, being only 14 points ahead of 18th-placed Queens Park Rangers

4 Tottenham 58pts

8 Liverpool 42pts

18 QPR 28pts

3 Liverpool have lost six of their last seven league games. The last time they endured such a poor run of form was in 1953-54, when they were relegated

4 1953-54 was also the last time Liverpool had such a poor points per game ratio in the top flight (correcting the discrepancy of the old two-points-for-a-win system). Liverpool's current points per game ratio is a lowly 1.35, 42 points in 31 games

5 Liverpool's goals per game ratio is 1.16, 36 goals in 31 games, making this Liverpool team the least frequent scorers since the 1991-92 season under Graeme Souness

6 Liverpool have never had a season in which both their points and goal per game ratios were so low. The closest is 1923-24, when they recorded 41 points in 42 games (0.98) and 49 goals (1.17)

7 Liverpool's home form has been particularly poor, winning only five of their 15 games at Anfield, or 33%. Again we need to go back to 1953-54 for the last time when they won so few, seven of 21 in the relegation season

8 Liverpool's goal difference is +3. Liverpool have not had such a low goal difference at the end of a season since 1964-65, when it stood at -6

9 Liverpool's top scorer in the league is Luis Suárez, with seven goals in 26 games. Only once in the Premier League era have Liverpool gone through a season without one of their players reaching double figures in league goals, 2004-05 when Milan Baros scored nine times

10 2004-05 was also the only Premier League season in which Liverpool finished below Everton in the table. But Everton, in seventh, currently sit one place and one point above Liverpool

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... sfeed=true
nS
«Ki» Member

Re: 10 Scum Facts (Liverpool)

Postby Phoenix on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:51 pm

liverpool - not the greatest of seasons :P
Phoenix
«Ki» Member

Postby SlaYeR! on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:27 pm

Nice to see you taking the time and effort into slating Liverpool's season, for a 2nd time in 3days :o
SlaYeR!
Ki community member

Postby Subs on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:41 pm

He's just hurt since he became the second best team in Manchester ;)

I JOKE
R.I.P Patrick
"Gone but not forgotten, his soul still lives within us all."
Subs
«Ki» Member

Postby nS on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:47 pm

Didn't take any time or effort. This shit rights itself.
nS
«Ki» Member

Postby Subs on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:25 pm

He's just hurt since he became the second best team in Manchester ;)

I JOKE
R.I.P Patrick
"Gone but not forgotten, his soul still lives within us all."
Subs
«Ki» Member

Postby videNNN on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:49 pm

no-sk!ll wrote:Didn't take any time or effort. This shit rights itself.

It rights itself? It's ok mate, step away from the adult words.

Didn't take any time or effort. This shit writes itself.
videNNN
Ki community member

Postby Toro- on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:10 am

yeah, you know... sometimes it falls over, but it bounces back up like a god damn Roly-poly toy
I need to learn and stick to the following:
"It's better to be thought an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt"

French_Dude "lol branded and lol to optic. Mr I can't be ask to read the forums at the first place."

twitter @Kinstinctstweet
twitter @Toro_Mac
twitter @Ki_Craft
facebook KiCraft.co.uk

Toro-
Bought out the community

Postby nS on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:36 am

I have to fill the void of French every now and again.
nS
«Ki» Member

Postby Toro- on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:56 am

I just post and read my sig for that
I need to learn and stick to the following:
"It's better to be thought an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt"

French_Dude "lol branded and lol to optic. Mr I can't be ask to read the forums at the first place."

twitter @Kinstinctstweet
twitter @Toro_Mac
twitter @Ki_Craft
facebook KiCraft.co.uk

Toro-
Bought out the community

Postby Brodie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:18 am

Subs wrote:He's just hurt since he became the second best team in Manchester ;)

I JOKE

:D
:D
#Official Comedian of i42
#Official Captain of Team Brodie FlipACuppaSucker champions i46

#Fail disco http://gifsoup.com/view6/4069267/disco-fails-o.gif
#Fail Gutrug #Win Viden http://gifsoup.com/view4/4069610/viden-owns-gutrug-o.gif
(._.)Short term frustration when making decisions, which is why long term problems always occur(._.)

Less than Toro!
Brodie
«Ki» Member

Postby CLouD on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:49 am

I had a quick read through this and to be honest it did make me laugh, I cant stand Liverpool being a chelsea fan, but to be honest whoever wins the league this year cant say they have outstandingly deserved it, it has been by far the worst season I have seen for a while. My team has been awful I have no doubt about that and I totally agree with the posistion we are in. But seriously shocking season this year, if anyone deserves to win the title this year based on skill and effort, its Swansea. People may disagree with me but meh :-p
You will totes find me in the kitchen at partiesssssssss!!! xD
What doesn't kill you will only fuck with you mentally!!! ;)
CLouD

Postby nS on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:00 pm

If united do win it , i still believe we deserve to win it. Based on skill and effort not sure who I would pick for that. Individually quite a few teams have had decent games (United demolishing Arsenal, City demolishing United, Arsenal beating chavs, Newcastle beating united, Swansea outplaying arsenal). But to think united had 15 injuries at one point, lost to title rivals and a local derby 6-1. Then losing to blackburn in december and Newcastle in january. I don't think many people would have thought us 5 points clear at the top. We have won 10 of our last 11 league fixtures, including trips to Arsenal and Spurs. We now have 12 wins and 39 points from 16 away games, with three left to beat our Premier League best of 42. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... -challenge) We are on the verge of our best away form in a season with one of our highest points totals (if we win remaining games). We have just shown our resilience and endurance through this season that other teams haven't. The PL has got harder and people may say its down to the top sides being weaker (which maybe the case) but my opinion is that every game has been more difficult with the rest of the top 10 teams getting stronger.

I.e. The usual top 4 (Arsenal,Chelsea, Liverpool) United 18 points clear of Arsenal, and 23 from Chelsea. Liverpool 34 behind.

And this has been refferred to as Uniteds Transitional season.
nS
«Ki» Member

Postby CLouD on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:17 pm

I can understand what your saying but I dont think the points gap is down to Man Utds Superiority this season, I think just as much of it is down to teams under performing as well. Chelsea have been awful this year so for us to be 23 points clear of you is a mixture of how well you have done recently and how poor we have been all season which I think we can safely say applies to most teams this year. Maybe with the exception of Tottenham who I think have done alright this year and Newcastle. But at the end of the day you dont win a title from being completely awful, at the end of the day youve done better than the other teams and that is shown by the table.
You will totes find me in the kitchen at partiesssssssss!!! xD
What doesn't kill you will only fuck with you mentally!!! ;)
CLouD

Return to Sports