Summer Transfers

Can't be geeks all of the time

Summer Transfers

Postby Spike on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:05 pm

Yo,
Who do you want to see at your team next season? or who do you think would be a good signing for someone else?
Ill throw out a few guestimates for spurs

1) Bolasie - I would love to see him on the left wing at spurs, hes had a great season with palace and i think hes ready to strutt his stuff abit higher up the table
2) (DEPENDING ON IF KANE GOES) Llorente - i would again love to see this guy in a spurs shirt..
3) (DEPENDING ON IF KANE GOES) Charlie Austin - English meat for english meat.. makes sense really..
4) Keiran Trippier - Didnt really notice much of him last season but seems pretty much done and dusted there
5) Mirallas - I would rather take bolasie but i think he would be a close second
6) Sven Bender - Long shot but i think he would be class in the premier league
7) Marc Bartra - Seems like he could be on the move from barca after only being played 11 times last season and has a buy out clause of 8mill because of that reason.

OBviously they all wont happen but I would love to see a few of them come in..

Also Man u - Leave Kane and Lloris alone! they are ours!
HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE DUCK?
IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'VE HEARD

Ki Worst halloween costume 2010

Spike
«Ki» Member

Re: Summer Transfers

Postby An-D-D on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:34 pm

I think Kane would be silly to move. He's first choice striker at a big club - he's not going to have that luxury if he goes anywhere else. The most important thing for him is regular game time, and he's not going to get any better than what he's got right now. The same applies to Sterling in my eyes. Surely these younger players are going to start realising the trend when you move too soon? Very few have actually bucked this trend. Greedy agents probably don't help - just looking to line their own pockets rather than look out for the best interests of their client.

For Saints, the main thing for me is not to sell off too many players again. As amazing as this season was for us, there was a large slice of luck in bringing a squad together that worked so well, so quickly. We aren't going to get as lucky with our signings in future. So, we need to keep our core together. The ones I'd be really disappointed to see leave are Clyne, Wanyama and Schneiderlin. I don't think we are at risk of losing many others at this point.

Having said that, I believe that if someone doesn't want to be here, then they should go - it's just not healthy for the club and the players around them. So I think we might be best off cashing in on Schneiderlin. I think that's the most likely loss. I'd be disappointed if we sell any more than him.

In terms of players to buy:
  • We definitely need a goalscorer. We relied too much on Pelle last season, and it showed when he was out of form. Charlie Austin could be an option, but I'm not sure if he's got enough quality really. Apparently we are close to signing Juanmi - not heard of him myself but sounds like a very promising Spanish youngster. Jay Rodriguez coming back from injury could also give us a boost in the goals department.
  • We need another play-maker. Again, we relied on Tadic last season. We severely lacked creativity when he was out of form. Juanmi could have something to offer here, but I'd still like us to strengthen further.
  • A defensive midfielder. I think it's highly likely Schneiderlin is going to be leaving, so we have a big hole in midfield to fill. I'ts not going to be easy to find a suitable replacement, and it's no doubt going to cost a lot.
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Postby Spike on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:31 pm

I would have loved to have seen schneiderlin sign for tottenham when he was linked with rodriguez in january but from what i have gathered, he looks to be going towards arsenal.. tottenham wouldnt be a step up from southamptopn and he needs to be playing champions league...
Juanmi has been confirmed now though and you are apparently close to signing some other geezer as well if im correct?

Spike
«Ki» Member

Postby An-D-D on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:04 am

Oh nice - not checked the news recently. What's the name of the other guy?
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Postby Spike on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:09 pm

Southampton reportedly have deal in place to sign Lille midfielder Idrissa Gueye, according to France Football.

Spike
«Ki» Member

Postby An-D-D on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:42 pm

Thanks mate - will check it out.
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Postby FletchuK on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:32 pm

Ok so this will piss you both of.

I want United to sign;
Kane
Sniederlin
Clyne
Hummels

"For Patrick!"
"Ki Till I die!"
FletchuK
«Ki» Member

Postby Spike on Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:20 am

FletchuK wrote:Ok so this will piss you both of.

I want United to sign;
Kane
Sniederlin
Clyne
Hummels

I don't think Kane will leave but it wouldn't surprise me if he did, although I dont think a move to united would be wise this early in his career, hes need to keep being the main man somewhere else..

I think schniederlin will go to arsenal as well but again uncertain..
The other two are good possibilities.

Spike
«Ki» Member

Postby An-D-D on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:48 pm

Kane to United for 40 million sounds outrageous. Not worth that much yet, and it's a massive gamble for both sides. I could see him being the main man, especially with RVP and Falcao on their way out. However, at his age he's not going to be consistent enough in my opinion, and there won't be enough patience when he goes through a bad patch. Another couple of seasons at Spurs makes a lot of sense.

There are quite a few worrying transfer stories with regards to Saints. It looks like we've signed Gueye as a replacement for Schneiderlin, who is apparently signing for United. We've also signed Portuguese international right back Soares, indicating that Clyne is also on his way out. There are also rumours that Alderweireld (who we had on loan last season and was great for us) could join another club - possibly Chelsea or Spurs. We have the right to buy him at the end of the loan period, but Athletico Madrid also have the option to cancel that part of the contract for 2-3 million - so a bigger club could gazump us.

On the plus side - the talk around Wanyama has gone quiet. It's also reported that Jordy Clasie is a target of ours. He could really provide that extra creativity that we need, although there is likely to be a lot of competition for his signature.

In other news... Sterling for £50 million?! I swear Man City have someone in the middle east literally playing Football Manager to build their squad. Schweinsteiger is a great signing for United. He's just the sort of quality and experience they desperately need, and will do a great job for a couple of seasons no doubt.
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Postby Spike on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:44 pm

An-D-D wrote:Kane to United for 40 million sounds outrageous. Not worth that much yet, and it's a massive gamble for both sides. I could see him being the main man, especially with RVP and Falcao on their way out. However, at his age he's not going to be consistent enough in my opinion, and there won't be enough patience when he goes through a bad patch. Another couple of seasons at Spurs makes a lot of sense.

There are also rumours that Alderweireld (who we had on loan last season and was great for us) could join another club - possibly Chelsea or Spurs. We have the right to buy him at the end of the loan period, but Athletico Madrid also have the option to cancel that part of the contract for 2-3 million - so a bigger club could gazump us.

On the plus side - the talk around Wanyama has gone quiet. It's also reported that Jordy Clasie is a target of ours. He could really provide that extra creativity that we need, although there is likely to be a lot of competition for his signature.

In other news... Sterling for £50 million?! I swear Man City have someone in the middle east literally playing Football Manager to build their squad. Schweinsteiger is a great signing for United. He's just the sort of quality and experience they desperately need, and will do a great job for a couple of seasons no doubt.

Totally agree with the Kane comment, although if they are willing to drop 40mill on a player that last season couldn't get into a relegated Norwich team, so be it, cash in i say! Who knows he could be the next alan shearer or he could be the next michu!

Would love to see toby in a spurs shirt, hes good mates with jan vertongan and christian erikson as well, i imagine he would enjoy playing there.. that said for some reason spurs' chairman seems to think our defense is fine, although its one of the poorest in the league..

Not heard of either of the signings that you guys have signed but you made some solid signings last year after everyone walked out the doors so no doubt they will be just as good!

Some absolutely rediculous fees being thrown around for english players now a days..
If man u sign schweinsteiger, they probably wont sign schniderlin as well.

Spike
«Ki» Member

Postby Subs on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:40 pm

City like physically cant complete their squad without some Home Grown players. They are in dire need of some English players to fill up the team sheet. And tbh, whilst I'd hate to see him go, 50 mill (i think was the last offer?) for someone who doesn't seem to want to stay is an absolute steal.
R.I.P Patrick
"Gone but not forgotten, his soul still lives within us all."
Subs
«Ki» Member

Postby An-D-D on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Spike wrote:Totally agree with the Kane comment, although if they are willing to drop 40mill on a player that last season couldn't get into a relegated Norwich team, so be it, cash in i say! Who knows he could be the next alan shearer or he could be the next michu!

Would love to see toby in a spurs shirt, hes good mates with jan vertongan and christian erikson as well, i imagine he would enjoy playing there.. that said for some reason spurs' chairman seems to think our defense is fine, although its one of the poorest in the league..

Not heard of either of the signings that you guys have signed but you made some solid signings last year after everyone walked out the doors so no doubt they will be just as good!

Some absolutely rediculous fees being thrown around for english players now a days..
If man u sign schweinsteiger, they probably wont sign schniderlin as well.

I agree that 40 million would be a decent deal, as long as you can get a replacement. Need a high profile striker that doesn't turn into a flop - which has proved difficult for Spurs in the last couple of years.

I think Toby would be a great signing for you. Would be perfect alongside Vertonghen, who's a bit more attacking minded. I'm surprised you aren't looking to improve the defence.

We seem quite good at paying reasonable prices for decent players, so fingers crossed they turn out to be good replacements.

I think it will be Schweiny short term, and Schneiderlin long term. Morgan could learn a lot from Bastian in a couple of years.
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Postby An-D-D on Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:14 am

Subs wrote:City like physically cant complete their squad without some Home Grown players. They are in dire need of some English players to fill up the team sheet. And tbh, whilst I'd hate to see him go, 50 mill (i think was the last offer?) for someone who doesn't seem to want to stay is an absolute steal.

Yeah, but then they let someone like Milner go on a free. I don't rate Milner but if it's a case of filling up the team sheet it doesn't seem to make sense. Getting £50 million for Sterling is a great deal. Also likely to be inconsistent at this stage in his career, and has been this season for Liverpool really. Just massively overhyped - I don't understand why the clubs can't see that too.
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Postby Subs on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:57 pm

Totally agree, but I can actually see Sterling getting minutes at City so maybe it wont be a *terrible* move for his career. But he totally is over hyped, same way we're going to over hype Ibe.
R.I.P Patrick
Subs
«Ki» Member

Postby FletchuK on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:50 pm

He certainly didn't justify a 50 mlion price tag after last years performances. Especially if the poor lad is going to get tired all the time..

"For Patrick!"
"Ki Till I die!"
FletchuK
«Ki» Member

Postby Subs on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno; Can, Henderson; Firmino, Coutinho; Sturridge, Benteke. Not a bad starting 11 if we can finalise Benteke in the next few days. Whats this early doors business from liverpool?
R.I.P Patrick
Subs
«Ki» Member

Postby Phoenix on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:15 pm

did here benteke will be done in 2 days so not too shabby. I dont really rate mignolet but he can come good potentially :)!
Phoenix
«Ki» Member

Postby Spike on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:23 pm

I dont think you need benteke ings will do just fine

Spike
«Ki» Member

Postby An-D-D on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:10 am

Clyne has gone :( Four players to Liverpool in two seasons - what a joke.
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Postby Brodie on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:38 am

Spike wrote:I dont think you need benteke ings will do just fine

:lol: They are two different players, Benteke is a beast! ings will be a good 3rd striker.

An-D-D wrote:Clyne has gone :( Four players to Liverpool in two seasons - what a joke.

Indeed mate, nobody likes to see it. I really hope Southampton get above Liverpool!!!
:D
#Official Comedian of i42
#Official Captain of Team Brodie FlipACuppaSucker champions i46

#Fail disco http://gifsoup.com/view6/4069267/disco-fails-o.gif
#Fail Gutrug #Win Viden http://gifsoup.com/view4/4069610/viden-owns-gutrug-o.gif
(._.)Short term frustration when making decisions, which is why long term problems always occur(._.)

Less than Toro!
Brodie
«Ki» Member

Postby An-D-D on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:40 am

We came close this season, it's so disappointing we didn't finish above Liverpool and Spurs really. If we had someone other than Pelle to score goals, I think we would have. Dropped so many points when he was out of form.

I know good players will always move to bigger clubs, that's a fact of football. But how is a club ever meant to progress without being taken over by a billionaire? Our squads are just being systematically taken apart each year by the "big boys". I'm becoming a bit disillusioned with it all - I feel like I have to learn to support a new club each year.
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Postby Subs on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:17 pm

Liverhampton are a top 3 club.
R.I.P Patrick
Subs
«Ki» Member

Postby An-D-D on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:21 am

Damn you Spurs. Yet again we get shafted in the transfer market.
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Postby Spike on Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:00 pm

An-D-D wrote:Damn you Spurs. Yet again we get shafted in the transfer market.

If anything this is all athletico's doing, its a great bit of business by Daniel Levy, top signing and finally spurs have a solid looking back line

Spike
«Ki» Member

Postby An-D-D on Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:57 pm

So there goes Schneiderlin as expected. Sad to see him go after seven years. He's been immense the last couple of years for us. Only Wanyama left on my hope-to-keep list now :(

I hope we move quickly to make replacement signings. We've got 37 million in the bank just from the players we have sold, with only a fraction of that spent. We need to do business quickly to avoid ending up overpaying for players after leaving it late (like Shane Long last year).
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Postby Phoenix on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:13 pm

The Schwein and Schneider are good signings for united - liking the look of that team. Going to be pretty good i hope.

Soton need to replace but will still have a good squad no doubt. Some youngsters I have never heard of most likely :D
Phoenix
«Ki» Member

Postby An-D-D on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:17 pm

Phoenix wrote:Some youngsters I have never heard of most likely :D

That's the orderly queue for next year's summer sale!
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Postby FletchuK on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:31 pm

James-Ward Prowse to Liverpool next summer after a successful season this year.

"For Patrick!"
"Ki Till I die!"
FletchuK
«Ki» Member

Postby An-D-D on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Was chatting to my brother about that earlier. My prediction for next year's summer sale is:
- Wanyama
- Ward-Prowse
- Jay Rodriguez
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Postby Spike on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:57 pm

hah,

I think united are going to be a force next season, they have made some really solid signings.. they just need a center back and a striker now.

Spike
«Ki» Member

Postby FletchuK on Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:11 pm

Hummels is a no brainier for me. But it's if he wants him/wants to come.
If we sign anyone for up top, personally prefer Kane to come if anyone.

"For Patrick!"
"Ki Till I die!"
FletchuK
«Ki» Member

Postby Spike on Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:32 pm

FletchuK wrote:If we sign anyone for up top, personally prefer Kane to come if anyone.

I dont think this would be too good of a signing if I'm honest, not because im a spurs fan, but also because im a spurs fan.. being a pessimistic one, i think he was abit of a one season wonder, i will be very suprised if he produces again this year.

Spike
«Ki» Member

Postby FletchuK on Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:36 pm

Spike wrote:
FletchuK wrote:If we sign anyone for up top, personally prefer Kane to come if anyone.

I dont think this would be too good of a signing if I'm honest, not because im a spurs fan, but also because im a spurs fan.. being a pessimistic one, i think he was abit of a one season wonder, i will be very suprised if he produces again this year.

Blatently isn't a one season wonder. But we shall see :D

"For Patrick!"
"Ki Till I die!"
FletchuK
«Ki» Member

Postby Spike on Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:55 pm

was dire in the euros u21

Spike
«Ki» Member

Postby FletchuK on Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Spike wrote:was dire in the euros u21

So was everyone else ;)

"For Patrick!"
"Ki Till I die!"
FletchuK
«Ki» Member

Postby Brodie on Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:24 pm

Interesting window so far.

Mourinho to get the best out of Falcao?
Delph stays at Villa - someone else who can offer more minutes to move in for him?

I think united have again done well with signings, although the back four is inexperienced I think they have enough quality all round to win it assuming de-gea stays.

I hope Southampton can buy someone with experience to give them a boost and stop selling, otherwise they may struggle to stay up for another season or two.

#Fail Gutrug #Win Viden http://gifsoup.com/view4/4069610/viden-owns-gutrug-o.gif
(._.)Short term frustration when making decisions, which is why long term problems always occur(._.)

Less than Toro!
Brodie
«Ki» Member

Postby Spike on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:31 pm

Im hoping Depay comes good, we are doing a fantasy football at work but instead of everyone picking the same players, people have been given £50m to spend on players and people are bidding for them, plus its all about how many goals they score nothing else.. I spunked £10m on him so im hoping he can bag a couple (to put things into perspective aguero is currently at £24.5m)

Spike
«Ki» Member

Postby Brodie on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:36 pm

That sounds like fun :) Good luck!

Less than Toro!
Brodie
«Ki» Member

Postby Spike on Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:02 pm

Brodie wrote:That sounds like fun :) Good luck!

if we had enough people we could do it here, but you need like 20 people to make it fun

Spike
«Ki» Member

Return to Sports