PSU Issue

For all your technological needs

PSU Issue

Postby An-D-D on Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:09 pm

I've recently been getting some problems when playing CS:GO. The game appears to stutter (just like having low FPS), despite my FPS monitoring showing the FPS levels to be at the high level I am used to. Often, after a few minutes playing, my screen will go black and the PC will crash. I initially thought it was my graphics card, but I can't find any problems with it after doing some basic tests. I have therefore been testing other components in my system.

My PSU is a Corsair AX1200i, which has a self-test feature. When pressing the self-test button, I just get a clicking noise, and the LED does not light up at all. If all is ok, the PSU fan should spin up and the LED should go green. My PC does boot up fine though, and the PSU LED is green when the PC is running. If the PSU does have a problem, could it explain the system instability I am getting when under load?

Any thoughts guys? Any good ways to test the PSU (or graphics card) conclusively? I've submitted a ticket to Corsair anyway, as I don't like the fact that the self-test is failing.
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Re: PSU Issue

Postby sKiN on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am

glad ya sorted it mate... sorry for the late reply (least I replied) lol

Raging since 1980
sKiN
«Ki» Member

Re: PSU Issue

Postby An-D-D on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:59 am

:D

Everything was fine for a couple of weeks. I'm now getting the odd blue screen though, usually after my PC has been on for several hours. If I remember rightly, it's this error I'm getting:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Sounds like a dodgy driver from what I've read so far. Will try and figure it out at some point, but it's not that annoying at the moment!
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Return to Tech discussion and support