Star Wars: Battlefront

Star Wars: Battlefront

Postby An-D-D on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:15 pm

There was a lot of hype around this game before it was released, and it seemed everyone was excited for it. I got it on console over Christmas, but didn't have much time to play it. I've just messed around on some of the co-op missions so far, and that was good fun.

Anyone else played it much? What are people's thoughts? I've considered getting this on PC too but won't bother unless other people are wanting to play.
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront

Postby Phoenix on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:48 pm

ive played it online and have it on PC. I enjoy it just not as much as csgo :D
Phoenix
«Ki» Member

Postby An-D-D on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:57 pm

How does it compare to Battlefield Hardline?
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Postby Phoenix on Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:59 pm

I haven't played all the modes but generally the same, hardline is probably better but maybe the coop missions will make that change! I like it cos its chilled out :)
Phoenix
«Ki» Member

Postby FletchuK on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:55 pm

I've heard from a few people that it's not the greatest, for something which was quite expensive and had so much hype and having to pay for passes for more content ect.

"For Patrick!"
"Ki Till I die!"
FletchuK
«Ki» Member

Postby Brodie on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:03 am

FletchuK wrote:I've heard from a few people that it's not the greatest, for something which was quite expensive and had so much hype and having to pay for passes for more content ect.

This. I was excited for it but heard it was generally bad. Will probably pick it up on a deal once the hype dies down.
:D
#Official Comedian of i42
#Official Captain of Team Brodie FlipACuppaSucker champions i46

#Fail disco http://gifsoup.com/view6/4069267/disco-fails-o.gif
#Fail Gutrug #Win Viden http://gifsoup.com/view4/4069610/viden-owns-gutrug-o.gif
(._.)Short term frustration when making decisions, which is why long term problems always occur(._.)

Less than Toro!
Brodie
«Ki» Member

Postby An-D-D on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:41 pm

I picked up similar vibes from a few reviews I briefly looked at. I wasn't sure if that was down to it being a victim of it's own over-hype, or if it was genuinely a bit underwhelming.

The whole DLC thing is an interesting one. The 'season pass' seems to be the standard way of doing things now, and essentially doubles the price of the game. There seems to be a growing backlash towards DLC amongst the gaming community, and understandably so - it has started to take the piss, especially with things such as day one DLC.

Perhaps we will see a reversal in this trend as the resentment grows? I noticed the new Need for Speed game announced that there won't be any charge for DLC - even more surprising as this is a game published by EA. On the other hand, you see game modes such as FUT making record profits each year from what is essentially DLC.
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Postby Phoenix on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:18 pm

I haven't bothered with season passes - I got it for 30 quid I believe when it came out so I wasn't too fussed about that price. It isn't value for money by all means, however I like running around as a storm trooper pew pewing some Rebel Scum! Still I think what you have all said sums up the game pretty fairly.
Phoenix
«Ki» Member

Return to Games