StarMade - Free to play

StarMade - Free to play

Postby GUTRUG1 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:33 am

Been enjoying this so far, very enjoyable. quickest possible way to explain the game is, Minecraft and EVE Lovechild.
Based from minecraft code, except blocks have free rotation in space and blocks arnt just square you get angled ones and shiz. basically do the same as you do in eve except you have the ability to create anything you like and at any size you like.

The Faction side of it is great, and your able to setup Ai turrets on your ship or spacestation or planet. the turrets can be built as ridiculous as you like as long as you have the resources and power. shield defence is also possible, and docked ships cannot be touched unless the base is destroyed first. there fore the game play of faction side can be really fun. Not only can you have Ai turrets, you can create AI spaceships either leaving them to float around space causing trouble when in contact. or docked on your ship ready for release the moment you attack or attacked.

Best thing though! something that cannot be done inside minecraft without programs, Anything built can be saved as a blueprint, allowing you to buy it outright again if you have the funds. so playing singleplayer using creative mode like im currently doing im developing a huge ship inside out, ready for faction servers.

the ships works from specific blocks being in specific places, size, groupings or patterns. for instance you need Power generators which are relied on Patterns, for instance i could have one huge jet engine made from thruster blocks, that will only allow me speed! the more groups of engines you have the better the turning, there for mine has 16 large engines. there alot to learn but really simple once you understand it. would be great to get some guys on for a laugh or if you try it and enjoy it lemme know wouldnt mind getting a faction together and tear up others in outaspace :P

heres the development of my ships so far, atm im only creating the workings of the ship got some more yet to do before i start making it look pretty :D
Attachments
Avenger8.png
Avenger7.png
Avenger6.png
Avenger5.png
Avenger4.png
Avenger3.png
Avenger2.png
Avenger1.png
STREET FIGHTER 4 3RD PLACE at i38 (by default)
I survived the great storm of i38 :D
ki halloween costume winner 2010
GUTRUG1
KiCraft Owner

Re: StarMade - Free to play

Postby Leggy on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Quit your job. Take a student loan and do architecture.
Leggy
«Ki» Member

Postby An-D-D on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:51 pm

I actually agree with Leggy. With this and your Minecraft stuff, you obviously have a real flare for creative design.
An-D-D
«Ki» Member

Postby maztaz on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:07 pm

or tattoos
maztaz
«Ki» Member

Postby Brodie on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:20 pm

And think of all them 18 year olds.
:D
#Official Comedian of i42
#Official Captain of Team Brodie FlipACuppaSucker champions i46

#Fail disco http://gifsoup.com/view6/4069267/disco-fails-o.gif
#Fail Gutrug #Win Viden http://gifsoup.com/view4/4069610/viden-owns-gutrug-o.gif
(._.)Short term frustration when making decisions, which is why long term problems always occur(._.)

Less than Toro!
Brodie
«Ki» Member

Postby GUTRUG1 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:26 pm

i was a body piercer before and have done two tattoos on a mate when i worked there but being a tattooist trainee is shit money and alot of hard work you dont make money till you can tattoo yourself and your lucky if you even get paid cash at all, a tattooist pays you with experience.

and id love to go back to college to do summing like this or work with computers, but companys wont have me without qualifications and i have a daughter to take care of and cant afford to work less than i do :( sad times lol
STREET FIGHTER 4 3RD PLACE at i38 (by default)
I survived the great storm of i38 :D
ki halloween costume winner 2010
GUTRUG1
KiCraft Owner

Postby Brodie on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:02 am

http://www.open.ac.uk/

Adult university - piss easy to get student loan + all work is done online. Tutors have been great and really understanding about personal issues etc for me.

Worth looking in to. You can do taster modules too if you're not 100% it's for you.
:D
#Official Comedian of i42
#Official Captain of Team Brodie FlipACuppaSucker champions i46

#Fail disco http://gifsoup.com/view6/4069267/disco-fails-o.gif
#Fail Gutrug #Win Viden http://gifsoup.com/view4/4069610/viden-owns-gutrug-o.gif
(._.)Short term frustration when making decisions, which is why long term problems always occur(._.)

Less than Toro!
Brodie
«Ki» Member

Return to Games